PHP Web Developers
Purpose of the Role
A PHP, HTML5 and CSS guru, preferably with experience of WordPress and Magento content management systems (though not essential). You’ll be well used to taking UX designs and building them in to HTML5 web pages, incorporating them in to content management systems – and writing / editing the related back-end PHP code.
Dedicated to producing high-quality and elegant web solutions, you’ll spend your time split between developing brand new sites and supporting existing client sites.
Experience designing and building websites using standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS, possibly pattern libraries, and SASS grid systems – ideally with a portfolio of impressive examples of live websites previously built or worked upon.
Experience building websites in a digital agency is desirable but, if not in an agency environment, then in a role where the development of multiple websites is the primary part of your role.
A demonstrable number of live websites that you have built is essential – and you should include links to these within your application.
Skills and Expertise
- Competence with PHP and ideally the related MySQL
- A working knowledge of modern HTML and CSS techniques – and ideally CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS and SASS)
- Experience using WordPress CMS and Magento ecommerce CMS would be ideal
- Experience with any other content management systems would also be beneficial
- An understanding of the technicalities of web server hosting – including Linux, Apache, RHEL and Nginx would be beneficial
- Experience with version-control systems such as Subversion / Git / Bitbucket is desirable
A willingness to learn and develop technical skills is important – as is perseverance with problem-solving. A commitment to a high standard of work, attention to detail and perfectionism is also important. Our company ethos is one of striving to produce websites and systems that are better in every way – visually and functionally – than our competitors’ – and this needs to carry through in all of the work carried out by our developers.