Senior Content Marketer
Purpose of the role
Our digital marketing team run SEO, PPC, social and content marketing campaigns on behalf of a wide range of clients. As someone with a good understanding of digital marketing, you’ll be well aware that content is the foundation of pretty much all digital marketing activity these days – and high quality, unique, informative and shareable content is what forms the basis of successful SEO, PPC, social and inbound marketing campaigns.
As a Content Marketer, you’ll be responsible for devising and implementing content marketing strategies across all our clients’ websites. We need someone who can generate ideas for high quality content, can write it, edit it – and, in conjunction with the rest of the team, help devise ways to distribute it to a relevant audience.
Good quality, informative content gets indexed well in Google, it helps improve the authority of a website with the search engines and also with users, it gets shared on social media and it generates leads through inbound marketing.
We’re looking for someone who can apply their passion and enthusiasm for digital content to a broad range of clients and industries and who is committed to producing compelling digital content that gets real, measurable results.
You’ll have a clear understanding of the difference between ‘copy writing’ and content marketing. We’re looking for an imaginative and creative content marketer who can devise and produce lead-generating, value-added content marketing campaigns – much more than just a web page copy writer.
- Dreaming up creative ideas for content that will genuinely inform, entertain and engage our clients’ target audiences
- Helping create content plans for clients – and working with them to get the background information you need to implement them
Producing quality content – be it blog posts, press releases, e-books, helping with infographics, social media content and so on
- Writing and editing on-page website content in both an SEO and user-friendly way
- Using digital PR and outreach tactics to promote, publicise and acquire inbound links to the content you produce
- Being responsible for the grammatical accuracy and language quality of all the web content we produce for our clients
- Helping with the content marketing for our own website
Experience & Skills
Enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a passion for writing and content marketing are more important to us than formal qualifications. However, past experience with content marketing is essential – and you should have examples of digital content pieces you’ve produced that add value and generate marketing interest for the website / organisation.
Any or all of the following skills experience would be beneficial…
- Experience writing content on a diverse range of subjects and for differing audiences
- Prior experience in a digital marketing agency environment would be great, but not essential
- Experience of traditional and / or digital PR would be advantageous
- Examples of compelling and imaginative content you’ve written that has had measurable results
- A general understanding of, and interest in, digital marketing – including the principles of SEO
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills and ability to deal directly with clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written English skills (obviously!)
- A formal qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. English / Journalism / Marketing) would be useful, though not essential