Senior Content Marketer
Purpose of the role
If you’re a creative individual, an enthusiastic ideas generator, and a lover of the English language, then this could be the role for you. We’re looking for a Senior Content Marketer to join our growing digital marketing team, who run creative campaigns on behalf of a wide range of clients!
You will be responsible for devising and implementing content marketing strategies for each of our clients. We’re looking for someone with a creative flair, who can not only generate ideas for high-quality content but can write and edit it too. And in conjunction with the rest of the digital marketing team, devise strategies to distribute this content to the relevant audience for the respective client.
All of the content that is produced by you will have a clear and defined purpose. Good quality, informative content is recognised by Google. It helps improve the authority of a website with the search engines, and also with the end user. It gets shared across different digital platforms, and it helps to generate leads through inbound marketing.
You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and will be required to create multi-channel content that is fresh and innovative. Supporting each aspect of the business, producing high-quality content marketing material that is focused on the brand tone of voice for each individual client, as well as for our own marketing purposes.
As Senior Content Marketer, you will never lose sight of the purpose behind the content you are creating; having the end user always in your mind whilst also understanding the data, analytics and reporting aspects that come with this important digital marketing role. You will be a strong communicator, as well as possessing a sense of ownership over the strategies and content you are creating, with a natural ability to discuss your ideas, reports and work with clients.
- Dreaming up creative ideas for content that will genuinely inform, entertain and engage our clients’ target audiences
- Helping create content plans for clients – and working with them to get the background information you need to implement them
- Producing quality content – be it blog posts, press releases, e-books, helping with infographics, social media content and so on
- Writing and editing on-page website content in both an SEO and user-friendly way
- Using digital PR and outreach tactics to promote, publicise and acquire inbound links to the content you produce
- Being responsible for the grammatical accuracy and language quality of all the web content we produce for our clients
- Helping with the content marketing for our own website
- Lead content planning sessions with constructive, fresh ideas that will support each client’s main business objectives
- Monitor competitor research and persona creation
- Keep up to date with relevant content marketing trends and digital news
- Collaborate with the rest of the digital marketing team on strategies
- Provide editing and proofing support
- Account management
Experience & Skills
We value an enthusiastic approach, a positive attitude and a passion for writing and content marketing much higher than formal qualifications. However, past experience with content marketing is essential to this role – and you should have a portfolio of previous examples of measurable content pieces that you have produced that have produced real results.
- Experience writing content on a diverse range of subjects for different audiences
- Exceptional written English skills (obviously!)
- Experience of traditional and/or digital PR would be advantageous
- Examples of compelling and imaginative content you’ve written that has had measurable results
- A good understanding of, and interest in, digital marketing – including the main principles of SEO
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to deal directly with clients.
- Attention to detail
- Experience account managing clients
- Prior experience in a digital marketing agency environment would be great, but not essential
- A formal qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. English / Journalism / Marketing) would be useful, though not essential