PHP Web Developers
Purpose of the Role
A PHP, HTML5 and CSS guru, preferably with experience of WordPress and Magento content management systems (though not essential). You’ll be well used to taking PSD / Illustrator designs and building them in to HTML5 web pages, incorporating them in to content management systems – and writing / editing the related back-end PHP code.
Dedicated to producing high-quality and elegant web solutions, you’ll spend your time split between developing brand new sites and supporting existing client sites.
Experience designing and building websites using standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS, possibly within frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap or similar – ideally with a portfolio of impressive examples of live websites previously built or worked upon.
Experience building websites in a digital agency is desirable but, if not in an agency environment, then in a role where the development of multiple websites is the primary part of your role.
A demonstrable number of live websites that you have built is essential – and you should include links to these within your application.
Skills and Expertise
- Competence with PHP and ideally the related MySQL
- A working knowledge of modern HTML and CSS techniques – and ideally CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS)
- Experience using WordPress CMS and Magento e-commerce CMS would be ideal
- Experience with any other content management systems would also be beneficial
- An understanding of the technicalities of web server hosting – including Linux / Apache
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of software – particularly Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with version-control systems such as Subversion / Git / Bitbucket is desirable
A willingness to learn and develop technical skills is important – as is perseverance with problem-solving. A commitment to a high standard of work, attention to detail and perfectionism is also important. Our company ethos is one of striving to produce websites and systems that are better in every way – visually and functionally – than our competitors’ – and this needs to carry through in all of the work carried out by our developers.